Spacey has pleaded not guilty to the criminal charge, the first the actor has faced despite years of accusations.
Spacey, who is 59, was charged in January with indecent assault and battery.
The alleged victim filed a voluntary notice of dismissal Wednesday in Massachusetts Superior Court, attorney Mitchell Garabedian said. No reason was provided either by Garabedian or in the court filing. He said he wouldn't discuss this further, according to The Los Angeles Times.
The filing doesn't indicate whether a settlement has been reached, but it does not seek attorneys' costs and was filed "with prejudice" - which means the lawsuit can not be refiled.
An email was left Friday requesting comment from Alan Jackson, Spacey's lawyer.
In it, the accuser said Spacey bought him "multiple alcoholic beverages" before he then forcibly touched and fondled his genitals - the same allegations he made in an ongoing criminal case.
The criminal case against Spacey will continue with a hearing scheduled for Monday. The suit was filed a little over a week ago.
The lawsuit was filed against the actor in the Nantucket courthouse last month.
He said, "I can promise you this: If I didn't pay the price for the things we both know I did do, I'm certainly not going to pay the price for the things I didn't do". It does not indicate whether a settlement has been reached. In the rise of the #MeToo movement, the House Of Cards actor was accused of several acts of sexual misconduct including one by a busboy who claimed Spacey indecently groped him at The Club Car in Nantucket.
Nantucket District Court Judge Thomas Barrett has ordered the man to hand the phone over to the defense, but his attorney said they can not find it.
Defense attorneys questioned why the accuser erased certain text messages from the phone before turning it over to police.
Meg-a fan: Denim duchess cheers on pal Serena at Wimbledon
While there was no sign of Prince William or their baby son Archie , Meghan was spotted wearing a necklace with an "A" pendant. She laughed with Wimbledon chairman Philip Brook and his wife, Gill, as they waited for the Swiss heavyweight to appear.
Chelsea beat transfer ban to sign Kovacic
Meanwhile, Chelsea have opted against signing Kovacic's fellow loanee Gonzalo Higuain on a permanent basis. It could prove their only permanent deal of the summer if they're unable to get the ban overturned .