A man dies after his e-cigarette explodes in his face

Man dies after vape pen explodes in his face

Alice Brown, the victim's grandmother and guardian, said her grandson left their home on January 27 to visit Smoke and Vape DZ, a local vaping supply store.

She said Brown had purchased a vape pen from Smoke and Vape DZ, but shop employees told CBS 11 News the man didn't purchase anything from the store. "And that's what they should have taken out as soon as he got to the hospital, and they chose to wait until Monday or Tuesday".

Texas man William Brown dies after vape pen explodes, severing his left carotid artery.

A staff member at the vape store has since refuted claims that William Brown ever purchasing the device from the shop, according to Dallas News.

William Brown is at least the second person in the United States reportedly killed by an exploding e-cigarette. But the store told CBS11 that he hadn't bought anything, and wanted help using a Mechanical Mod style vape pen.

Alice Brown said she has no intention of suing the hospital or the company that produced the e-cigarette that caused the tragic accident, because it will not bring her grandson back.

He also suffered burns on about 80 percent of his body.

She told local news that she had to go through her vehicle, which was covered in her grandson's blood, to find the missing pieces of the destroyed pen. Most of the fires and explosions occurred while the device was being used or stored in a pocket and none had resulted in death, according to the report.

Funeral services for Brown, a licensed electrician, are scheduled for later this week, his grandmother said.

At the time, there were no reports of deaths from e-cigarettes. The Star reported that a Texan man was killed when his vape exploded in his face.

Brown was rushed to the hospital and his family told KTVT that he was put into a medically-induced coma and that x-rays showed that part of the e-cigarette was lodged in his throat.

E-cigarettes are battery-operated and produce an aerosol by heating a liquid, usually containing nicotine, flavorings and other chemicals, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The moment an e-cigarette exploded into flames in a man's pocket was caught on camera in California previous year.

The Food and Drug Administration has warned vaping device users that there is evidence that "battery-related issues may lead to vape explosions".

Related:

Comments

Latest news

Pacers rout James, Lakers 136-94
It was the first contest Davis was healthy enough to rejoin the team since sustaining the injury on January 18, sources said. Bojan Bogdanovic and Myles Turner led the way for IN with 24 and 22 points respectively.

Health- Get glowing skin with potatoes
Exfoliation : At times we feel like our skin is just too shiny, no matter how much makeup we apply. If you follow the below steps religiously, your skin texture will improve within a few weeks.

Gambling Games with Friends
Payouts at online casinos are higher than at land-based casinos even though the chip sizes are lower at internet casinos. There are image detection technology and motion technology involved in making the complete package work and it works.

Odds and predictions for the Bayern Munich against Gunners
This season he brought 17 goals in the league matches. - Key man for Bayern is probably Robert Lewandowski this season. It will be 16 round of Champions League, and Gunners definitely hope to beat their rivals and make revenge.

Other news