'Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4' Reportedly Cuts Campaign for Multiplayer Focus

Report: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Will Shift Focus Away From Single-Player

The Call of Duty series has put a more significant focus on its multiplayer aspects since Modern Warfare was released in 2007.

As reported by Polygon, sources tell the website that Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 "won't include a traditional single-player story mode". "We look forward to revealing Black Ops 4 on May 17th", when more information about the game is set to be released. Activision refuses to comment on this latest development, but based on previous Call of Duty games, it doesn't seem all that unlikely.

Neither of these rumors have yet to be confirmed by Activision and we don't see that happening any time soon.

The sources claimed that the campaign was cut because there just wasn't enough going to be enough time to get it done prior to the October 12 release date. In some sense, it gives credence to the report's claims of not being able to meet deadlines to finish a sufficient campaign. It's possible Activision designed the remaster this way with full knowledge that Black Ops 4 wouldn't deliver a campaign. In fact, Treyarch believes Call of Duty: Black Ops 4's cooperative modes would be a decent replacement. Every entry since then has placed more and more emphasis on multiplayer (some would say to the detriment of its single-player campaigns) and according to rumor Call of Duty Black Ops 4 might not have a single-player campaign at all. Of note, Raven Software published a tweet last month that hinted at a future announcement that could involve Black Ops 4. It will be fully revealed May 17.

Related:

Comments

Latest news

Bruins Fall to Maple Leafs 4-2 in Game 3
Maybe if it were five years ago or so, somewhere near his prime in Montreal, you'd give Plekanec a good chance of it working out. Out of necessity, Toronto head coach Mike Babcock had to come up with a new plan to check Bergeron, Marchand and Pastrnak.

MYANMAR: Rohingya crisis: Govt says first refugee family returns
Doctors Without Borders says the violence claimed at least 6,700 Rohingya lives in the first month alone. However, Bangladesh and the United Nations refugee agency disputed the repatriation claim.

BREAKING POLICE IDENTIFY MURDER SUSPECT: in BU Fatal Stabbing
The alert stated the stabbing happened around 10:30 p.m.in Windham Hall. Police say the suspect, a student at the school, has been arrested.

ZTE says assessing implications of U.S. decision
ZTE halted trading of its shares in Hong Kong and Shenzhen on Tuesday following the announcement of the United States ban. The U.S. and British governments are telling companies to steer clear of Chinese smartphone maker ZTE .

Other news