West Ham fans invade pitch in EPL drubbing

Accounts revealed that if West Ham stayed at Upton Park the profit would have been similar

Joe Hart has been thrown a World Cup lifeline by David Moyes, with the West Ham boss handing the England global the start against Burnley on Saturday.

"To continue that growth is the main marker but of course it's nice to finish as high as you can in the league table. the next challenge is the one that is upon us and that is West Ham, so our focus stays clear on that".

Two more fans then encroached the pitch and were led away by Hammers defender James Collins.

Referee Lee Mason was also forced to stop the game shortly after when another supporter came on to the pitch, grabbed a corner flag and attempted to plant it in the centre circle. Joint-owners David Gold and David Sullivan are understood to have left their seats for their own safety.

Photographs on Twitter appeared to show some young West Ham fans being allowed to sit on the Burnley bench as things turned toxic in the stands.

A awful mistake by recalled keeper Joe Hart then allowed Wood to add to the Hammers' woes.

The club last night said they had launched an investigation into the events in the second half, in which four supporters broke on to the pitch and hundreds stampeded into the area in front of the directors' box.

"An emergency meeting has been called with all London Stadium stakeholders".

While the Clarets have had a year to forget so far, they picked up their first win of 2018 last weekend, coming from behind to clinch victory for the first time this season. You know what it is, you can't come on the pitch and the players know that they have to perform on the pitch.

"There were a couple of games where I wasn't quite so happy that we didn't do as well as we should have". And just try to get as many points as we can by the end of the season. We're all in it. West Ham don't know how to defend and they should easily concede 3 goals against a unsafe Burnley outfit.

He told the club's official website: "I've told the players we are all going to stick together, we're going to stick our chests out and go again and we're going to get back to winning ways, and we need to do it quickly".

Metropolitan Police says it is investigating two reports of assault.



Latest news

Aaron Gordon On End Of Magic-Lakers: 'We Feel Cheated'
His sore knee would have prevented him from playing out the rest of his second 10-day contract, so the Magic made the move. Quick setup: Orlando was down a point with sixth-tenths of a second to play after Brook Lopez made two free throws.

Serena wins on return to WTA Tour after childbirth
ET). "I have played for over 20 years and I have always been extremely honest", she added, a smile returning to her face. The 23-time Grand Slam victor will face Kazakhstan's Zarina Diyas in the first night match (10 p.m.

North Carolina police officer charged with assaulting black jayw
Only about 12 percent of the population is black. "If no one would've leaked it or said something, we would be in the dark". On Wednesday, The Associated Press reported that the FBI had opened a criminal investigation into the actions of Hickman.

Fortnite Battle Royale officially coming to iOS and Android
An Invite Event will go live on Monday, allowing iOS users to try to get into the first early waves of the game's player base. Fortnite and its Battle Royale version are one of those overnight success stories that nearly catches everyone by surprise.

Other news