The Brazilian playmaker passed a medical on Monday during which Barcelona doctors analysed the injury that kept him out of Liverpool's Premier League win over Burnley on January 1. The club said in a statement: "Coutinho has an injury to his right thigh and he is expected to be out for around 3 weeks".
Mestre may have been referring to demands made for Coutinho in July when Barcelona tabled three solid offers for Coutinho in the wake of an aggressive transfer struggle that saw Paris Saint-Germain take Neymar from the Catalans for a world record 222 million euros.
After signing the deal, Coutinho said: "I hope to live up to all the expectations on the pitch".
"Firstly God, my family, my parents, my partner, my daughter, they are with me through every moment".
Diario Gol link the 29-year-old with Arsenal and Liverpool, as well as Juventus, who are all looking at midfielders to move for next summer. The directors understood it was my dream, they would have liked me to stay but it was my dream to come here and they understood.
Mr Money makes Coutinho's Camp Nou dream come true
"Lots of success in this new stage [sic], we will achieve them all together!"
The news will be poorly received on Merseyside, where fans were assured the Premier League club had tried to keep hold of their star.
The diminutive Brazilian is set to make his Barcelona debut at the end of the month in a home game against Deportivo Alavés.
After donning the full Blaugrana kit for the first time and being greeted by more than 7,000 fans at the Camp Nou, he added: "I'm living a dream".
Trump Touts Rural Broadband Initiative, Farm Agenda
The task force heard from farmers that broadband internet access is an issue of vital concern to their communities and businesses. The president used the campaign-style appearance to again tout the tax reform plan he signed into law last month.