Billy Bush interview delivers Colbert best ratings since August Scaramucci interview

Mike Pence Says Donald Trump Is 'Believer,' Grateful for Prayers and Support of Evangelical Christians

And I sort of equated what he was saying to some kind of crass stand-up act, like an Andrew Dice Clay performance.

Bush said that Trump's denial really upset him, particularly after he read an article in which multiple women nade allegations of sexual misconduct against Trump. "For some reason, he came out with 'That's not my voice.'" Bush told Colbert in a snippet of the interview previewed by CBS Monday evening.

The op-ed, published on December 3, was in direct response to Trump's recent assertion that the voice on the now-infamous Access Hollywood tape "was not authentic" and that the "locker room talk" was doctored. "It's really the dumbest thing he could have done", Colbert said of Trump's decision to reopen the issue at this juncture. An anonymous source told The New York Times last week that, in January, Trump mentioned he had doubts about the authenticity of the "Access Hollywood" tape, and reportedly told a Republican senator, "We don't think that was my voice". All of these women came out with their names and told their detailed accounts.

"If I had thought there was a man detailing a sexual assault strategy to me", Bush said, "I would have called the Federal Bureau of Investigation, not just reported it to my executive producer".

"I said, 20 women don't get together and say, 'You know what would be really fun, let's take down a powerful guy together.' No, they don't", Bush said.

"Enough's enough. Stop playing around with people's lives", Bush added. The audience then cheered and clapped. "So I wrote [the op-ed]".

But Bush did discuss the senior anchor's role in his own firing from NBC News, after the former Access Hollywood host was caught in a 2005 recording egging on Donald Trump as the future president boasted about sexual assault.

Amid the controversy a year ago, Bush said that his former colleague Matt Lauer stood by him.

"It was 2005, and his ratings were through the roof and he was the big star of NBC".

"The (Access Hollywood) bus was the tip of the iceberg", Bush said.

"If I had thought there was a man detailing a sexual assault strategy to me, I would've called the Federal Bureau of Investigation, not just reported it to my executive producer".

Bush noted that because Trump hosted thehit show "The Apprentice", everyone at NBC at that time - during which the taped conversation took place - had to "kiss the ring a little bit of The Donald".

Bush then explained how he felt shame with his behavior being associated with Mr. Trump. "You are culture warriors at the forefront of necessary change". "I hope we do get there".

Bush was sacked from NBC in 2016 after being heard laughing on the infamous "Access Hollywood" tape featuring Donald TrumpDonald John TrumpDems resurface Flynn's "lock her up" comments after Mueller charges Congress must stop private prisons from receiving tax breaks Evangelicals were with Trump in 2016, and will be in 2020 MORE. "A lot of people were not comfortable with the man who was close to winning the election and a lot of things happened quickly", Bush, 46, said.

Related:

Comments

Latest news

John Conyers Steps Down
- Prominent clergy, Detroit elected leaders and community activists said Monday that they will go to the White House and U.S. He also was accused of harassment by ethics lawyer Melanie Sloan and sexual harassment by former staff member Deanna Maher.

Xiaomi's next flagship smartphone will use a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chip
HP didn't provide any pricing information for the Envy x2, but it did say that customers can expect to buy it next spring. These machines run full Windows 10 - so not some crippled Windows RT nonsense - and support 32bit x86 applications.

Bill O'Reilly Settled With Her. Now She's Suing
A former Fox employee who reached a settlement with Bill O'Reilly in 2002 says he smeared her as a liar, breaking their deal. . O'Reilly would make other comments including to The Hollywood Reporter , which is cited in today's lawsuit.

Capcom Announces Mega Man 11 During 30th Anniversary Celebration
Based on the trailer, the game has only two major changes from its predecessors, and they both relate to the art style. This next installment in the iconic video game franchise will arrive just in time for Mega Man's 30th anniversary.

Other news