Liverpool make bid to Monaco for Thomas Lemar

The Frenchman had hoped to bring in Lemar this summer but Monaco will hold onto the star

However, Sky Sports News reporter Solhekol confirmed that Lemar won't be moving to Arsenal in the summer transfer window as Monaco close the door on potential exits.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp last week expressed his desire to strengthen his squad further after his side secured qualification to the Champions League group stage.

Reports in France have suggested that Liverpool have lodged a club record £55.5 million offer for the France worldwide, who has been a long-standing target for Arsenal this summer.

With Benjamin Mendy and Bernardo Silva joining City, Tiemoue Bakayoko signing for Chelsea and kid wonder Kylian Mbappe on the verge of making a insane move to Paris Saint-Germain, Monaco are loath to see Lemar depart as well.

Arsenal had been in talks to sign Lemar all summer and are believed to have had a £30m offer rejected last month while Barcelona were also understood to be tracking the player.

"I said I think before the game, if you talk to a player, they really often [mention it]. especially players we talk to".

"But Arsene Wenger says he can't see this deal happening now because Monaco have sold too many players and they don't want to sell Lemar". The latter is now understood to be on the verge of a season-long loan move to Paris St Germain.

Lemar was impressive last season as he played a role in helping Monaco win the French Ligue 1 and reach the semi - finals of the Champions League last season.

Lemar, a 21-year-old French global, set Ligue 1 and the Champions League ablaze last season, with his combination of pace and pinpoint delivery having alerted some of Europe's biggest clubs to his talents.

Related:

Comments

Latest news

Bethesda: Game of Thrones? Target Might Have Just Leaked a new IP
A rather innocuous retail listing points to something set in Westeros from the noted open-world role-playing developer. According to the description on the Target website , the project is codenamed Bethesda: Game of Thrones .

Kevin Hart Pledges $25000 To Hurricane Harvey Relief
Hart proceeded to namedrop a handful of celebrities he wants to step up and donate. "I am praying for the safety of all those affected".

Samsung moves to soothe employee worries about heir's imprisonment
Also on Monday, the vice chairman of Samsung Electronics urged employees to do their best to deal with the situation. The court also said the amount included $6.4 million to sponsor the equestrian career of Choi's daughter.

Sebastian Vettel signs three-year extension with Ferrari
On the 25th anniversary of Michael Schumacher's first Grand Prix win, Hamilton set about emulating the racing legend in style. He is the only driver to have won seven Formula One World Championships, five of which he won consecutively.

Other news