Liverpool agree deal to sign long term target

Barcelona stick middle finger up to Liverpool by targeting Jurgen Klopp's number one transfer target

The RB Leipzig star has been one of Jurgen Klopp's top transfer targets.

It's thought that Liverpool will pay above that fee in order to strike a deal now for his move to Anfield on July 1 2018 so that they can get ahead of the competition. Get the app and get the game. Today, Liverpool agree a deal to sign Naby Keita next summer....

The 22-year-old was previously wanted by Liverpool but Jurgen Klopp had several bids turned down for the Guinea worldwide.

According to BBC Sports, Liverpool had already had two offers for the Guinea global rejected this summer - the second understood to be about £70m - but now a compromise deal has been reached where Leipzig keep their prize asset this season and Klopp gets the player next summer.

However, with a number of other clubs interested - rumoured to include Barcelona - the Reds chose to act this summer and ensure that they landed their player.

The 22-year-old would become Liverpool's most expensive signing, surpassing the fee of 42 million euros ($50 million) the club paid to sign winger Mohamed Salah from AS Roma in June.

Monday's reported development would indicate Liverpool have accepted defeat in their attempts to recruit Keita for the current season but that their interest is sufficiently strong to deem the player worth waiting for. In addition, the Reds are keeping an eye on Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk, who is keen on a move to Anfield.

Related:

Comments

Latest news

BBCI: Barcelona attack: German woman dies in hospital
The regional health department said the woman died in the intensive care unit of Barcelona's Hospital del March . The men crashed the vehicle and attacked passers-by with knives and axes, police said.

Injured Wallabies lock Coleman to miss Bledisloe Cup test
All guts, no glory: Michael Hooper looks to the scoreboard with disbelief after the final whistle. Certainly he was coughing up the ball in the early stages even before Beale got into the game.

Children Are Among the Dead After a US-Backed Raid in Somalia
Somalia's information ministry says eight al-Shabab extremists were killed in the operation and no civilians were harmed. A Somali Lawmaker Mahad Salad condemned the attack and called for an investigation into the Barire incident on Friday.

Hegazi at fault as West Brom denied by Stoke in Premier League
All I want to do is play after time out and I am enjoying be part of it. It wasn't my finest goals we will take them every day of the week.

Other news