Liverpool will reignite bid to sign goalscoring midfielder after rejected bids

Liverpool FC midfielder Philippe Coutinho reacts during the Premier League Asia Trophy match between Liverpool FC and Leicester City FC at Hong Kong Stadium on July 22 2017 in Hong Kong

RB Leipzig boss Ralph Hasenhuttl has told Liverpool that Naby Keita won't leave the German club this summer - but hinted a deal could be on next year.

The Reds have already seen offers of £57m and £66m for the Guinean worldwide turned down by the Bundesliga outfit who have made it absolutely clear he's not for sale.

Jurgen Klopp has been chasing Keita all summer after identifying him as one of his prime targets but Liverpool have found it hard to get a fee agreed with a stubborn Leipzig side.

Liverpool will not go to £75million for Naby Keita, after RB Leipzig made it known they would not even accept that for their star midfielder. Similar to the Reds, Leipzig will be competing in the Champions League next season and it will be the flawless opportunity to see whether Keita can continue to deliver the goods in one of the hardest club competitions in the world.

However, Hasenhuttl believes the 22-year-old will still be a Leipzig player at the beginning of the 2017-18 season.

He said: "The chance [of him leaving] is null".

"At the beginning of the transfer period that we said we would start with the same team and of the players we had previous year no-one will go".

Hasenhutti has however confirmed that for next season at least, Keita will remain a part of his team, saying, "It's 100% clear that Naby will be staying with us and will be playing the season with Leipzig".

The Reds have now ended their interest in Keita and instead plan on signing him next summer when his £48m release clause comes into effect.

"You can see how important Naby is for our game". "Until next summer we keep it (the door) closed and then we have a look", Hasenhuttl added. He knows this season will be fantastic for us. "We will learn this year again very much, I think".

Related:

Comments

Latest news

Mauricio Pochettino confirms that Tottenham will move in the transfer market
I am so respectful of other players, other clubs, other managers, the owners of different clubs. "I want to speak to our fans". They hold on to the players that they want to keep. "But the second season he started to perform very well".

Kenya's deputy president William Ruto targeted by gunmen
A police officer guarding the residence was injured in the attack, which comes ten days before a fiercely fought general election. The intruder was later forced to hide at a building under construction after reinforcement was called, added the IG.

Pakistan SC disqualifies Nawaz Sharif for life
Meanwhile the Election Commission of Pakistan has de-notified Nawaz Sharif as member of the National Assembly, a statement said. Nawaz Sharif moved out of the prime minister's house and all of the members of his cabinet had their protocols removed .

Trump names new chief of staff, replacing Reince Priebus
The backstory here is that Scaramucci had been eyeing a position in the White House, we understand, for the last six months. Trump also tweeted a thanks to Priebus, saying, " We accomplished a lot together and I am proud of him! ".

Other news