Two Grand Theft Auto Online cheat menus have shut down this week, the first being Force Hax and the second being Menyoo. "We will be donating our proceeds to charity and we apologize for any and all problems Force Hax services have caused to the Grand Theft Auto Online Community".
They concluded with "So, we chose to agree with their claims and we're stopping distribution of OpenIV".
It should be clear that though the modders who make use of OpenIV may not be using the tool to impact the experience for other players online, the shutdown of modding tools by Take-Two Interactive does not distinguish between the tools that affect the multiplayer experience and those that do not. Unfortunately, Take Two Interactive, publisher of GTA V has recently issued a cease and desist letter to the creators of modding tools, including OpenIV, Menyoo and Force Hax. What charity that might be, and how much money will be donated, isn't clear. The developers said they do not have the time or energy to fight the claims in court.
Will there actually be fewer cheaters in GTA Online now?
Nearly immediately, players began complaining that the game's online infrastructure, which uses a simple P2P mesh rather than centralized servers, makes it very hard to cut off hacking tools on a technical level.
Almost all the reviews on Steam cite the same issue, complaining of Take-Two's policies to modding, claiming the tactic to be a part of a cash-grabbing strategy. This came as the result of receiving a cease and desist order from Take Two Interactive earlier this month. There are also over 53,000 signatures on a change.org petition to save the modding tool.
Have you looked at the Steam page for GTA 5 in the last week? In fact, people are so unhappy with the company that GTA5, a game that's typically been very widely acclaimed, now has a recent Steam user rating that averages as "overwhelmingly negative".
26 injured as Chinese flight hits turbulence in China
Another passenger said there was strong turbulence twice and minor turbulence three times during the 10 minute ordeal. Images show a gaping hole across the engine casing of the Airbus A330, which departed at 8.30pm on June 11.
Mayweather accepted McGregor fight because of fans
Mayweather announcement, Floyd hit up the " All Eyez On Me " movie premiere in Westwood lookin' like a million bucks (times 300). Arnie's also a UFC fan - and was in the building at UFC 189 to watch Conor McGregor fight Chad Mendes.