Mayweather accepted McGregor fight because of fans

Nate Diaz Conor Mc Gregor fight this year

Boxing legend Floyd Mayweather and mixed martial arts icon Conor McGregor confirmed plans for a long-awaited showdown earlier this week, triggering both criticism and anticipation for what is set to be one of the richest fights in history.

Mayweather was asked about how much money he was making from the fight and although he did not disclose an exact figure, he did confirm that both sides were very happy with the deal.

"

"I was in retirement, but people wanted me back so I'm back."

". People all around the world demanded this fight, so I had to give them what they wanted to see.

"I feel embarrassed to say this but I'd be very surprised if [McGregor] wins a round", said Hatton.

Despite that, he still has a significant upper hand since McGregor has never had a professional boxing match.

"You're supposed to stand behind your man. Stand behind the fighter that you believe in".

Former world champion Ricky Hatton has first-hand experience of fighting Mayweather after he was stopped by the American in the 10th round during their world welterweight bout in Las Vegas in 2007. Arnie's also a UFC fan - and was in the building at UFC 189 to watch Conor McGregor fight Chad Mendes. I hope I don't upset any Irish fans or Conor, but I can't get excited about this fight one bit. "To me, I know who is going to win already so there's no use in watching it". I think it could be a 12-round onslaught, to be honest with you. Hours after the big McGregor vs. Mayweather announcement, Floyd hit up the "All Eyez On Me" movie premiere in Westwood lookin' like a million bucks (times 300).

He added: "I'm not against sanctioning it for something like the Diamond title".

Related:

Comments

Latest news

Stanley Cup Final: Three keys to Game 5
Subban are susceptible to an off night as they find out just how hard it is to keep track of Pittsburgh's superstar forwards. If the Penguins hadn't stolen Game 1 , Nashville could be preparing right now to play for the Cup on Thursday.

Judge declares mistrial in Cosby sexual-assault case
Prosecutors rejected filing a case against Cosby based on Goins' allegations, which they said investigators could not corroborate. Cosby's legal team has now seen the prosecution's whole case and can home in on inconsistencies the second time around, they say.

Cristiano Ronaldo skips post-match press conference after Portugal draw
He attracted headlines last week after being accused by a Spanish prosecutor of defrauding the country's tax authorities. Ochoa made a great diving save in the 85th to keep young Portugal forward Andre Silva from scoring with a header.

Conte frustrated over Chelsea's slow transfer dealings
Chelsea are calm over the speculation, which they consider to be unfounded, and sources at the club say it is business as usual. Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois will be offered new deals on improved terms, though agreements have not yet been reached.

Other news